Distributed teams become confused, isolated, and frustrated leading to slow delivery, repeated conversations, and dangerous assumptions. This leads to rework, stress, and missed deadlines.
Become a real team with information available when you need it, predictable communication, and real-time project updates so you can make good decisions, have less meetings, and finish on time.
Working with distributed teams and remote workers can provide organizations access to the best talent, regardless of their location. But managing a virtual workforce poses unique challenges:
- What is the best way to maintain contact among members?
- How do you communicate work, manage and improve processes?
- How do you respond to unexpected changes effectively?
- How do you build healthy working relationships when you rarely meet in person?
- How do you create and maintain alignment?
- What metrics should you use to track projects and improve processes?
- How do you ensure work gets completed as expected?
This course solves these problems and more.
The Successful Distributed Teams course is taught by Jim Benson and Tonianne DeMaria Barry, pioneers in Lean knowledge work. Jim is the creator of popular systems like Personal Kanban and Lean Coffee. He is the author of several books, including the Shingo-Award winning Personal Kanban: Mapping Work | Navigating Life, co-authored with Toni. Each year Jim provides inspiring keynotes at countless conferences worldwide and leads workshops on collaboration and working better.
Jim and Toni have worked with clients in over two dozen countries including Starbucks, British Telecom, Northwestern Mutual Life, US Patent and Trade Office, and Spotify.
Who is it for?
This is for anyone involved in a virtual team. We've worked in software development, IT operations, legal, HR, finance, customer support — all facets of business. We've helped individuals, teams, managers, and executives trying to find their role and focus in a distributed environment.
This class helps managers and team members alike understand what their role is, what the team is creating, how to define success, how to collaborate, and how to recognize and deal with change.
This course awards 5 PMI PDUs and is the equivalent of 5 hours of class time for other certifications.
What you get:
- forever access to more than 20 acclaimed video lessons
- helpful downloadable Modus One Sheets that you can use with your team
- a discussion forum where you can get your questions answered directly by Jim and Toni
- access to research, interviews, and white papers